14 May 2015

My Quirks Are Normal, Right?

Today, I'm going to share some of my quirks with you. By definition, a quirk is a behavioural habit YOU do that someone else might not. So, as I list some of the few things I consider normal to me that I know others might not do, please note I really don't know why I do this. It is something I've always done... and yea, I think its normal! 
  1. I always put on my right shoe first. I'm actually not sure why, I just noticed this is something I have to do whenever I put on my shoes. I tried putting my left shoe on first once, it felt so weird...
  2. I can't leave the house without showering. Even if I need to make a quick stop to the grocery store, or buy one item from Walmart, I shower. 
  3. I can't sleep at night if my favourite ring isn't on my dresser. I have this ring that I received as a gift, and I truly adore it. You find me wearing it pretty much on the daily. But, when I come home I usually place it on my dress.. there are days when I realize I don't remember where I placed the ring, and it actually drives me crazy, to the point where I won't sleep, if my ring isn't left on my dresser at night. 
  4. I enter rooms with my right foot first. I might think this brings me luck or something, but I've always done this since I was little. No matter what. 
  5. I can't focus if the shoes aren't aligned properly. When guests come over, I always find myself fixing the alignment of their shoes. I can't focus when I'm talking to a guest while another guest enters placing his/her shoes in an different arrangement.
  6. My cloths have to be hung by length, and by colour. I think this is a habit I've developed since working in retail... My cloths have to be hung in the order of shorts, skirts, t-shirts, sweaters, rompers, short dresses, maxi dresses, pant jumpers with jeans and jackets in the end. AND, they are colour coordinated from lightest to darkest... 
  7. I can't start studying when my room is a mess. When it is time to study, or write an important paper, I cannot seem to focus when there is a mess in my room. I will actually spend time cleaning my room. 
  8. I can't sleep if the door is open. My bedroom door must be shut... 
  9. When I'm at home, or in someone else's house, I always have to wear socks. Even if I came to your house in heels, I have socks in my purse ready to go.
  10. I won't ever use public bathroom. Nope, sorry. Don't care if a public bathroom is my only choice. Not only will I not use them, I will not even step in one. 
Please tell me I'm not alone and some of you actually do these to? We can be normal together!

post signature
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found Love. Now What?

I'm linking up with the Blog Everyday in May challenge hosted by Belinda at Found Love Now What. Check out the prompts for the month! (click HERE)! & click HERE to see my posts for the challenge!
 



5 comments:

  1. Jenny Scott RussellMay 14, 2015 at 9:12 AM

    I'm the same with some of these, especially the studying when my room is untidy! I just can't... even trying to get to sleep is impossible if things aren't looking perfect haha x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST realized that I always put my right shoe on first too - I can't believe I've never noticed that. I used to be so afraid of the dark that I always slept with the door open too, so hallway light would come in, but now I can't sleep if the door isn't shut.


    I have to ask - when you travel what do you do when it comes to washrooms?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wonder if there is something behind putting on the right shoe first!


    Oh, when it comes to travelling, I usually don't hydrate myself as I should, so I hardly find myself ever needing to use to washroom. But,I do use the washroom back at family's house if I am staying there, or wait till I get back to the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! same with me, i'll take the time to clean things and put things back into their place, no matter how tired I am. I guess its like my mind is taunting me to fix it before I sleep lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to bedroom doors, I never ever want to see into the hallway while sleeping way to creepy!

    ReplyDelete