04 January 2016

2016 Word of the Year


Last year, my word of the year for 2015 was 'happy'. My main focus was being happy with my body, having happy thoughts, and having a happy heart. I'll admit it, it was difficult at first, but throughout the year, I found the different things and way that allowed me to feel happier, whether it was the way I saw myself, or the way I felt in general. Overall, being happy is still a working progress that I intend to continue on this year, especially in accordance to the word I chose this year. 

This year for 2016, my word of the year is peace.

Peace 

     noun
  1. Freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility
  2. Freedom from or the cessation of war or violence 
So why peace?

Looking back at 2015, I had my fair share of good and bad days. I think there were more good then bad, but nevertheless, the bad days were.... really bad. There were times where I felt they would take a toll on me, which then took a toll onto other aspects in life. Reflecting back, I realized there was just  so much conflict - internally and externally. 

This year, I'm focusing on peace in 3 broad categories:

+ Peace with my thoughts 

+ Peace with others 

+ Peace with my beliefs/spirituality 

Last year was really eye opening. I learned a lot about myself, about others, and about my spirituality. It is a lot to take in myself, so I won't spend time talking about it here, as I clearly do not understand it fully myself.

Peace with my thoughts is focused on being at eased with how I see life, and more importantly myself. I don't want to have internal incongruence between my thoughts and what I see. This year, I want to focus on being free from the negativity in order to have a peaceful mind. I truly think that with a peaceful mind, it can lead to a peaceful heart, allowing you to live a peaceful life. 

Peace with others is focused on freeing myself from those who bring me down and from those who do not encourage me in life. Not only focusing on how others treat meant, but peace in how I treat others. Like peace with my thoughts, I don't want to have internal conflict with my thoughts on others. I want to confront them and move forward.

Peace with my beliefs/spirituality is more of a personal goal. Something I have yet to figure out myself. So, talking about it now will just continue to be as confusing as it is in my head. I know what I believe in, there are just other aspects I still need to figure out. And, this year I am devoted to being at peace with my beliefs. This is going to be a tough path, but it is definitely a path I need to figure out on my own. 

All in all, I think it is fair to say that the focus is at being at peace with my thoughts, words, and actions with not only myself, but with others. I want to surround myself with the positive, and free myself from the negative.

What is your word of the year? 
post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment