26 October 2016

I Blog For Me

This past weekend was quite relaxing. I had the weekend off from work (thank you Jesus!) and I was just able to catch up on a lot of errands and much needed sleep. Oh, I was also able to read up on a lot of my favourite blogs that I didn't get a chance to read through over the past couple of days weeks.

As I was reading through some of my favourite blogs, I realized that I'm slowly turning my attention away from the "How to make money on your blog" or "how to get more followers/comments/traffic" type of posts. I'm a little more interested in reading about my favourite bloggers and how they are doing in life. I like feeling I can connect with a blogger through similar experiences. It's just a great reminder that we all go through sh*t.

And, it got me thinking, here I am on my blog without any updates on my life. I slowly began to feel a bit pressured into writing a separate post saying I'm sorry for not posting. Or at least not doing anything exciting in my life that is considered blog-able.

Then it hit me.

I started this blog for me. 

I created this space that was mine to share my experiences, my favourite memories, and about anything I wanted.

When I first started this blog, it became this fun thing I loved to do on the side during school and work during a rough time in my life. I actually enjoyed it. Then, as I began discovering more blogs, I felt my focus was starting to go in a different direction. All of a sudden, I felt like I had to make posts that would help drive traffic. That I was doing something wrong because I wasn't making money. Then, blogging wasn't fun anymore.

I didn't start my blog to make money. This is definitely not a career I want to pursue full-time (at least for now, who knows what the future holds). I also didn't start my blog with the hopes of having millions of followers.

Who says you need to make money from a blog? Or get a lot of comments? If I do receive a comment or two, YAY! Thank you! If I don't, then that's okay, I really won't cry.. But, it's just not a priority for me to make money on here.

So, I want to go back to where it all started for me. I want to focus on what I want to blog without the worry or stress about creating posts that would attract the most traffic.

For now, I want to blog for me. Not for money. Not for traffic. For me. Maybe one day I will build up that traffic of readers who visit my blog on the daily to justget to know me.

post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment