12 April 2016

Why I Switched to Almond Milk + Banana and Almond Smoothie Recipe


Have I ever told you I switched the type of milk I drink? Weird topic, I know. But, really I have! For almost a year now, I've stopped drinking regular cow milk and instead opted for almond milk. This even includes the coffees, teas, and lattes I regularly purchase at Starbucks and Second Cup. And, I've yet to regret the switch. 

Friends have often ask the question, "why?" And, I have to say at first, it was a personal (and health-related) decision. I'm not a doctor or anything, but around this time last year I noticed a weird change with my body. My body just no longer liked dairy products! From the milk I drank to the cheese I ate, my body just couldn't take it. Other's told me it was "impossible" to become lactose-intolerant years later, but my research says otherwise. 

Like I said, I'm not doctor, but I am an expert when it comes to my body. And, it was at that moment I stopped my daily intake of dairy products, and switched to almond milk. My body reacted differently. Although I was becoming used to the idea of drinking black coffee, I was able to drink my coffee with milk again, and I was happy. 

Almond milk, like other milk products and regular cow milk have benefits (benefits I basically googled myself). So, I am in really no position to convince you to make a life-altering switch to almond milk. I'll leave that decision up to you. But, I will say this, the health benefits are just as healthy as regular milk.

post signature

With that, I decided to share with you my favourite breakfast smoothie recipe. I personally love this very simple and easy recipe, and the best part is that it tastes so much better with almond milk! 


What you'll need:
  • 1 banana 
  • Almond Milk (I personally like using Vanilla Almond Milk)
  • 2 tablespoon of oats
  • Ice (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Place banana, 2 tbsp of oats, and almond milk into a blender of your choice
  2. Blend until smooth (or to your liking!)
  3. Serve yummy smoothie!
Notes:
  • This can serve up to 2 cups
  • If you want a cool smoothie, you can blend the ice in step 1!
  • You can substitute almond milk for milk of your choice (But, I'm telling you, you're missing out!)
What's your favourite breakfast smoothie recipe?

post signature

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment