06 April 2016

Loving My Lash Extensions!


Last week, I finally tried my first set of mink eyelash extensions! Why did I wait a week before creating a blog post? Well, I wanted to see if my real lashes fell off within a week or two. But, I'm pleased to report that my natural eyelashes are still intact, and my lash extensions are still looking great and just as natural as they did when I first got them!

Before I get into the details, I want to give a quick shout out to Zivanka from Sweet as Fiction for not only blogging about her experience about getting lash extensions, but also posting up a lot of the concerning questions I had about the entire procedure.  With her living in the same city as me, I was excited to try the exact same place she got her lashes done.


DETAILS
When? March 29, 2016
Where? GTA Lash Dolls (located in Toronto)

I got my lash extensions done by Linda, owner and founder of GTA Lash Dolls. It is a home started business, open for almost 2 months now, but her knowledge and customer service say otherwise! It is as if she's been doing this for years! She is super friendly, and is very patient when it comes to questions. I'm telling you, if your in the greater Toronto area, go check her out!

For me, the procedure took 2 1/2 hours! It may seem like a long process to you, but time actually flies! Not only was Linda great at holding conversations, which pretty much helped with passing the time, but also the bed-thingy I was laying on was super comfortable. I fell asleep twice. So, 2 1/2 hours was literally nothing, and the end result was absolutely amazing!

Like I said at the beginning of this post, one of my main concerns about lash extensions was having my natural eyelashes fall off, completely. I've heard and read horror stories of people losing all of their lashes because of lash extensions, but on the flip side, I've seen others who had greater experiences with lash extensions.

She actually explained to me that she uses mink lashes, which are light weight, and perfect for my natural eyelashes to hold. Even more importantly, she mentioned that unlike other places, she offers unlimited lash count.  This meant that when applying each lash, she applied them to each and every single natural eyelash I have.  Also, she mentioned that she doesn't apply the glue onto the eyelid like other places, instead she applies them directly onto the lashes, few millimetres away from the eyelid so that my natural lashes still have room to breathe, and the newer lashes have some space to grow into.


I originally wanted the classic set, but Linda mentioned that if I wanted an obvious look, classic might not be the way to go because it will just simply make my eyelashes look longer. I wanted a mascara effect - the look where it is as if I applied mascara. So, I opted for the volume set, where each individual eyelash had 2-3 mink eyelashes on top creating that volume look. As for the length, my inner lashes are C-10, and the rest of my lashes were C-12! I also had a choice between "doll eyes" and "cat eyes". And, if you've seen my pictures, you would already know that I don't go a day without my cat-eyeliner look, so I chose obviously chose the "cat eye" look!

Prices are different depending on the set you choose. A classic full-set would normally cost $90, whereas the volume full-set costs $130! But, thanks to Zivanka, I used her promo phrase and received get 30% off! Which, I was really happy about. Refills are usually 3-4 weeks, and the cost again varies - $40 for classic refills, and $60 for volume refills.

Overall, as you can tell by my pictures, THEY TURNED OUT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT. I love them. I love how light they feel, I love how I don't have to wear mascara and eyeliner when I have these bad boys on, and I love the feeling of waking up and feeling glamorous. It's amazing, there were a few days I left the house without foundation, because I already look so done up thanks to these lashes.

Have you ever got lash extensions? Tell me your impressions!

post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment