15 February 2017

Blogging Helped Me In School

Sometimes it's really cool to have different aspects of your life have a positive impact on other parts of your life. This past weekend, this is exactly what I experienced! Thanks to my experience with blogging, I was really able to apply what we do here to one of my assignments.

Say what? 

Yup, I'm serious. 


The assignment I was working on involved creating a mini-essay type of thing and posting it on our class discussion board. This part wasn't a big deal... Only took about 6 or more hours to write completely since I wanted it to be perfect.

But, the second part of the assignment was different. My teacher wanted to us to respond to at least 3 other students' content. It had to be meaningful and related back to the course since it would also be graded. Talk about pressure. Not really.

When I read this part of the instructions, I actually did not feel anxious at all. I saw this and immediately thought this was exactly like blogging! The whole reading others' posts and commenting on their content based on what they said, and somehow relate it back to you.... was exactly like blogging. Like entirely, but the gist of engaging with other bloggers.

So, it was definitely easy to read another students' content and reply back to them, in a friendly way of course. However, when I was reading others' comments, it reminded me when I first started blogging and where I was so awkward in my comments, and replying back to others. But, hey, it really does take time.

Also, some of us nursing students created a WhatsApp group, and I was surprised by a lot of them saying, "Can someone comment on mine! I'll return a comment back!" I mean, when it comes to blogging, I guess I've gotten used to having one post having a lot more views and comment over another. It doesn't phase me at all. It's quite normal for a lot of us bloggers actually. And, when we don't receive any comments at all, it doesn't us from blogging.

So, yay! Thanks, blogging! You've definitely prepared me for discussions and being friendly in school. Who would have guessed!?

post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment