30 June 2016

If We Were on a Coffee Date | vol. 6




If we were on a coffee date, I'd first apologize for being that friend who disappears from your life out of no where. I mean, I kind of did disappear from here. It's either I've been really present (for like 1 day or 2), or I've been really absent (which has been the case over the course of June). I guess you can say that nothing fun or eventful or even "blogable" has occurred to me since graduation. It is either I've been working or attempting to study. Study for what? Well... 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that even though I finished uni, I want to go back to school. Yes, believe it or not, I really do. I feel like we live in a world where everyone is becoming smarter and more hard working. Or, just flat out more competitive with HUGE ambitions. I feel like credentials are super important, especially the type of degree you hold. And, (well, I can speak for Canada) I feel like having a bachelors is not enough. You need to have your masters in order to really do something in your field of study. Well, that's how it is for psychology....

So, I decided to switch gears and go back to school. The goal is... nursing. And, because I haven't studied biology, chemistry or math since grade 12 (4 years ago....), I will be taking a nursing admissions exam to be eligible to enrol into the program. I'm nervous - especially for chemistry. I didn't get it back then, I'm not sure how I'm going to get it now.  Just wish me luck, please.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you how customers are actually evil. Well, not all. But, for real... I've told you all before that I work part-time in a retail store... and, the people I've encountered make me question humanity as a whole. Never have I ever thought working in retail is actually... kinda... horrible! Like I literally feel I do not get paid enough when it comes to receiving and unpacking shipments in the backroom to being on the sales floor cleaning up after people (grown adults to be specific) or dealing with the bulls*t customers give me over issues that I really have no control over. To be honest, sometimes I don't even want to go into work because of the customers. But, then I look at my credit card bill... that's literally my only motivation for sticking around. Oh, and saving money for school.

If we were on a coffee date, you probably see me upset for paying extra for lactose free milk. I don't get it. If I cannot digest lactose, why do I have to be punish and pay extra? I already suffer from not eating some of my FAVOURITE desserts (even though, sometimes I don't care and still do). But, still... it makes no sense. I'm not making a "healthy" decision and ditching lactose... I can't digest it. I shouldn't have to pay extra... every... damn... time. I'm talking to you Starbucks!

If we were on a coffee date, I'd confess that I (randomly) stopped participating in the 100 Day Project on insta... Not sure why. I was doing SO WELL for like a good 30 days. Then, one day... I ended up staying home and didn't end up taking a good insta-worthy pic... then from then on, I literally just had nothing to post. It's weird. I'm weird. I just have a hard time taking good insta photos... anyone with me on that? or have you already mastered a technique that I'm not understanding -.- (check out the collections of pics I took though... #100dayswithnessa)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably show up in my pyjamas... and late. I'm tired. I really am. When it comes to work, my schedule has been all over the place. One day I would be closing, and the next morning I would be opening. So, there's not much room to sleep in and enough my bed. So, don't get too upset if I show up late :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd asked you for some suggestions on books! I want to read my this summer. And, I want to fall in love with new authors. So, tell me... any books you've recently read and absolutely loved? I'm talking about the ones where you just finished reading a book, and you want to read it all over again... Let me know!!!
post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment