24 June 2016

Vogue 73 Questions


Ever since joining the Blog Boss Babe community, I've been really going out of my comfort zone to participate more in the forums, as well as exploring others blogs and commenting. I soon began to realize that my page views were increasing, and going through some of the webinars I realized I need to improve my about me page! Hence the reason why there is no "About Me" page available at the moment.

So, as I was reading through some of my daily reads, and found a cute post from Kendal @ Little Misadventures share 73 tidbits about herself. And, I decided to steal the Vogue 73 Questions from her as a way for my newer readers to get to know me as I am updating my "About Me" page!


Before I get into the questions, I thought I'd share a recent photo of myself. Why? Well, most people have a hard time guessing what my background is because I am mixed. Believe it or not, others have assumed I was either Spanish, Egyptian, Malaysian, and many more! So, I thought I'd share a photo of me wearing a sari, something that most people don't often see me wearing.

While you try to figure out what I am, let's get into these questions! (Don't worry, I'll share with you what my background is at the end of this post!)

1.What’s the best thing that happened to you this month? I GRADUATED UNIVERSITY :) (read about that here!)
2. What is something you’re tired of? Childish people.
3. What is something that recently moved you? A letter...
4. If you could teach one subject in school what would it be? Psychology! I love everything about it!
5. What’s your favorite beverage? COFFEE! Since its summer, I'm really loving my Caramel Fraps!
6. What’s your favorite cocktail? Pina Colada
7. What is your favorite birthday cake? Cheesecake; but recently Red Velvet
8.What is one thing you still have from your childhood? My stuffed animals
9. What is your favorite movie? I have a lot of favourites, a few including Sense and Sensibility, Mean Girls, P.S. I Love You... It's hard to think of these from the top of my head!
10. What is something you can’t do?  Pull-ups!
11. What is one habit you wish you could break? Biting my nails... I know... ew... 
12. What makes you laugh no matter what? Jay
13. What does creativity mean to you? Expressing everything from within.
14. What are your favorite lyrics of all time? "No need to fix what God already put his paint brush on" - Crooked Smile by J. Cole
15. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Moving out of the city 
16. Best advice for your 19 year old self? This is the best time to be adventurous and courageous. Try new things, try the things you've always wanted to do, have the time of your life. Legally you are an adult, but you don't have to have all those responsibilities. There's years of that.
17. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Any of the Kardashians/Jenners really
18. Must have purse item? LIPSTICK and lotion!
19. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? I wanted to become a doctor 
20. What is something you will not be doing in ten years? Sitting on my couch still clueless about my life... hopefully 
21. What is an important life lesson for someone to learn? Treat everyone like it is the last time you will see them. 
22. What is one goal you are determined to achieve in your lifetime? To give my parents the satisfaction that they can retire without worrying about my sister and I not being able to support ourselves, and them.
23. Would you ever live anywhere besides Toronto? I've been thinking about it...
24. What is your favorite dessert? Cheesecake!
25. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Hmm.. nothing seems to come in mind
26. It’s brunch! What do you eat? Eggs and sausages!
27. Who is your favourite writer? I've been loving a lot of writers lately, including Cecelia Ahern, Victoria Aveyard!
28. Favorite Disney animal? THUMPER!
29. What is a book you are planning on reading? I actually wrote a post of books I want to read before summer ends (read it here)
30. What did you read most recently? Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 
31. Favorite solo artist? Loving Ariana Grande ... her voice though!
32. What’s your Favorite board game? I actually do not have one :/
33. What’s a city you wish to visit? ROME
34. Heels or flats? lately... FLATS
35.  Where does one go on a perfect road trip? here... to wasaga for the summer, or to Montreal for partying. Take your pick!
36. What do you do on a rainy day? Believe it or not, I like to eat soup on rainy days.. not sure why :/
37. What’s your favorite exercise? The elliptical lol
38. What was your worst subject in school? Oh dear.... chemistry.. 
39. What is your spirit animal? A rabbit. I am one with the bunnies, especially Penelope

40. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Nothing really... Usually don't wake up that early, lately.
41. What do you usually eat for dinner? Whatever is home! Sometimes I would have to buy something small.
42. Cooking or Baking? Cooking
43. Favorite baked good? Any cookies!
44. What is something you wish you could be good at? Singing
45. Skiing or Surfing? Lol none...
46. First celebrity crush? I wanna say... Brian from Backstreet Boys lol
47. Most recent celebrity crush? Honestly.. I can't think of anyone ??
48. What color was your prom dress? PURPLE! 

49. How do you manage stress? I read... like literally anything 
50. What do you do to relax? Lately, I've been taking naps. 
51. Age when you were first kissed? lol omg, I think 13
52. Place you were first kissed? Summer camp haha "under the stars" is how I used to describe ahaha!!
53. Favorite fashion trend of all time? High waisted jeans!
54. Best fashion advice you’ve ever received? Always looks your best.
55. Trend you would like to see disappear forever? Long socks and shorts (and I'm not even talking about the cute stockings, I'm talking about the actual long songs... like please,buy ankle socks!) 
56. Shoes or Bags? SHOES
57. How do you know if you’re in love? Honestly, you just know
58. Television show you’ve binged on recently? GREY'S ANATOMY
59. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? Jay (after venting to Penelope)
60. Name one thing you’ve learned the hard way? Not everyone (including certain family members) has you in their best interest.
61. If you could make a documentary about anything what would it be? haha "A day in the life of Penelope"... seriously, I would love to know what she does all day long 
62. What is your Kryptonite? Cute animals, cute babies, a man's forearm hair lol
63. What are you most enchanted by? waterfalls
64. What is your biggest strength? My patience
65. What is your biggest weakness? Jumping to conclusions
66. What are 3 words to describe living in Toronto? City, Busy, Lively 
67. Cutest thing on planet earth? BABY ANIMALS 
68. Most important advice you’d give your future children? Have fun of you, not for anyone else
69. Best first date idea? Pay for me, and you're good lol
70. Favorite type of flower? Orchids! 
71. What do you first notice about someone when you meet them? Their smile 
72. What’s your guilty pleasure? One Direction
73. Plans for the weekend? Work, BBQ, probably more work, and (hopefully) studying!


P.S. Because you stuck around to read my entire post, I decided to share with you what my background is... ready???? 

I'm half Filipino and half Sri Lankan!!

post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment