06 January 2014

Changes for 2014

Happy Monday everyone!

I know it's been a fun and relaxing two weeks of winter break, but I hope everyone is excited to go to their back to school/work routines! I know I am.  Before you start to judge me, the only reason why I'm excited for school to start is because I honestly wasted the last two weeks (well more because I finished my exams early in the month) watching movie and television marathons (even though I already seen them...)  For example, I watched all 8 Harry Potter movies in just less than 3 days... I also rewatched ALL of the Pretty Little Liars episodes.  It doesn't stop there... the list can go on and on, ranging from Make It Or Break It, to the Twilight Saga!

Anyways, back to the today's blog topic, today is day 6 of the Inspire Me blogging challenge hosted by both Showered With Design and Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination!

If you're interested in participating, click HERE to see this month's post topics!


Today's Topic:
Monday, January 6: What changes were made in 2013 to better yourself, or what changes will you make in 2014 to better yourself?

As you could tell by the blog topic, today's topic is clearly a personal one.  So I will try my best to face my fears of all of you judging me, and just bluntly explain what I have to explain (if it's necessary however). 

Through the entire year of 2013, my main concern was finding myself.  I was so obsessed with the search of finding who I really am, I ultimately just ended up being the person that I was suppose to be according to my parents, friends, family or even the bf.  It was very difficult and emotionally frustrating..

So for 2014, I decided to change.  Not change completely, but change in a way that will truly make me happy for once... YES, that means putting myself first.  And I'm not saying this in a selfish way - NO WAY.  I'm saying this in a way where I need to learn how to say no sometimes.

I'm the type of person who will always say yes to others when they need help, and sometimes I need to learn how to say YES when I need to put myself first.  It's time for me to do what makes me happy, because it is my life.  It is the life I am living with until the day I die, and I want to make sure I live everyday to the fullest, in the way I WANT it to be.  


If there are any other genuine selfless people like me, who constantly say to themselves "I'm always there for everyone, but when I need the help, no one is there for me", please try and look at the quote above, and take it seriously.  It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority.  It's necessary; this is your life, do what makes you feel good, and everyday you will find yourself happier and happier... This is coming from someone who literally suffered all of last year with suicidal thoughts.

Are their any changes you're making in 2014 to better yourself? Leave a comment of what those changes are!
For those who want to join in tomorrow, here's tomorrow's topic:

Tuesday, January 7: When is your birthday?! We'd all like to send some wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment