04 January 2014

The New and Improved

image via
It's a new year, which means, it is time for a new me.  Throughout the search for finding myself, I realized I was happy with the kind of person that I am.  Before you think I'm a cocky person, let me explain first.

In the beginning of 2013, I was someone who was confused.  I didn't know who I really was and the most stressful part was, I didn't know who I wanted to be.  Throughout the entire last year, I was playing the part of the someone I am suppose to be.  Behaving the ways my parents, my friends, or bosses wanted me to act.  Looking back, of course that's why I wasn't happy... I was doing things for others, and nothing for myself.

This year things are going to change.  And I know this post is kind of late, but if you read my post explaining what I did on New Years, I was at the hospital providing support to my cousin.  So I didn't feel it was right pulling out my laptop and typing crazily while she is sitting just waiting to here reports about her dad.

So here it is, my 2014 New Years Resolutions:

School:
- Make textbook notes and study sheets ahead of time, to avoid the anxiety of staying up and cramming before a test
- Raise my GPA to 3.5
- Use my agenda more often to remind myself of what I should be doing with my spare time
- Read the chapters before each class (as opposed to 3 days before the test)
- Make study sheets during the lectures (instead of the day before the test)
- Overall, to stop procrastinating with school work
- Have the courage to do another full load of courses in summer school again
- Receive more certificates (Last year I received 1 for being a Notetaker for those with disabilities, this year I want to do the same)

Social:
- Make an effort to hang out with my friends from school more
- Spend my breaks with them
- Go to the aquarium this year (we've been planning this since last year)
- Join a club 
- Go out to more of the events school 
- Strengthen the relationships I already have
- Workout more with my friends this year!

Career:
- Make a decision if I will switch programs or not
- Decide if I really want to transfer schools 
- Decide whether to apply to another courses in another school
- Work harder towards my career goal of becoming a nurse

Blog:
- Make new blogger friendships
- Try to make a give-away towards the end of the year
- Go on other's blog regularly and leave comments
- Have 200 followers by the end of the year (as if that is going to happen)

Personal:
- Workout at least 5 days in a week (that also means to create a workout schedule for myself)
- Sleep regularly this year (no more staying up past 12)
- Being more positive this year through my thoughts, actions and words (whether it is for myself, or towards others)
- Put myself first for once
- Do things that make me happy
- Work on my relationship with Jay
- Learn to let the past be the past

As you can see, I have a lot of goals for myself. Hopefully this year by publicly making a post about my goals, it can encourage me not to fail.  Failing is not an option for me this year, I need to learn how to stick to something that I've started so this year it is time for me to change into the new and improve me!

Hopefully I gave you some ideas for your New Years Resolution! What are some of your resolutions for this year? Leave a comment below, or if you made a post about them already, leave a link in my comment box, and I would love to look at it!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment