03 January 2014

Favourite Moment of 2013

Hey guys! It's page 3 of 365 pages! I don't know about you guys, but the past two days just flew by quickly! Today is also day 3 of the Inspire Me blogging challenge hosted by both Showered With Design and Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination!

If you're interested in participating, click HERE to see this month's post topics!


Today's Topic:
Friday, January 3: We've seen everyone do it this week on Instagram and their blog... recap your favourite moments from 2013. Or post one random picture from each month of the year.

If you haven't already noticed, I already created a post of Captured Moments of 2013 with pictures not too long ago.  So I won't be reusing and repeating those pictures and ideas.  Instead I will post just one picture of my all time favourite picture of 2013 and briefly explain why that was my favourite moment!

My all time favourite moment of 2013 is........  drum roll please!

The Change of Squadron Warrant Officer Parade that took place on November 15th.  This is my favourite day because after 7 long years of putting in time, effort and passion into the cadet program,  I left my mark here by retiring as the chief WO1 position (the highest rank a cadet can receive).  The second best part of this day was to experience the unthinkable, which was to pass on my position to my sister.  (NOTE: this wasn't a biased choice... I had no say in the decision of my sister being selected).

It's a rare thing to see a younger sibling taking over the squadron from their older sibling.  So this was definitely a first of me to experience, as well as everyone else who attended my retirement and promotion. I am proud of her, and I can only hope she can do great things with the squadron just as I did - hopefully even better!



Well there you go, this was my absolute favourite experience.  And it was particularly pleasant to be present at my sister promotion - yes I am so proud of her!

What was your absolute favourite moment of 2013?  Let me know by leaving a comment below, or if you wrote about it, leave a link in the comments so I can check it out! :) 

For those who want to join the blog challenge, it resumes on Monday.  Here's Monday's topic:
Monday, January 6: What changes were made in 2013 to better yourself, or what changes will you make in 2014 to better yourself?






No comments:

Post a Comment