13 January 2014

Advice for the New Year

Good morning everyone on this very lovely morning (no sarcasm here).  It's not cold outside, and that's such a great way to start off my Monday and week!

Today is day 8 of the Inspire Me blog challenge hosted by both Showered With Design and Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination! Today's blog topic is:

Monday, January 14: Best advice for the New Year
Showered With Design
If you're interested in participating, click HERE to see this month's post topics!

Talking to other people, and looking at other people's blogs, I've notice that basically everyone's New Year resolution is to lose weight, get fit, or just exercise more.  As like everyone else, one of my New Year resolution is to exercise more regularly to become more fit and hopefully hit my goal weight.

My advice to all of you out there, is to be patient and be realistic with you results.  I don't know how many times I've gotten frustrated because I don't look a certain way when I hit my goal weight.  It's frustrating and it sucks, and it just makes me think less motivated or confident to go out and do my thing.

Let's be realistic here...we all have that perfect body image stuck in out head and we cannot help but want to attain that.  But during your fitness progress, I think it is important to always remember that we are all built differently, and we should be happy and celebrate our unique bodies through good nutrition and exercise.

It's good to have a healthy role model in our minds, it keeps you away from being unhealthy. But it becomes unhealthy when you slowly start work extremely hard to attain a body type that you're body won't allow.

For example, growing up I idolized Angelina Jolie's body type.  Through my many years of working out, I've always began to get extremely discouraged when I couldn't have her body.  Then when Christina Aguilera came out with her thick body, I fell in love.  She made me realize that we are all different, and we all lose weight and present ourselves differently.

So overall, be realistic and patient when it comes to your weight loss goal.  And most importantly, don't forget: We are all made differently, we cannot look the same.  Celebrate the curves, or ass, or boobs that you have!

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment