28 October 2014

My Superstitions!

image via
I usually tell people I'm not superstitions. In fact, I usually question others about their superstitions!  So, I sat down and really thought about what I'm superstitious about, and hey I guess I do have some! I decided to share them with you! Ready??

1. Breaking a mirror will bring you bad luck - maybe not 7 years of bad luck, but yes bad things will probably happen that same day or over the next few days.

2. I believe that the #1 and #4 are my lucky numbers, and #8 isn't!

3. If a black cat crosses your path, you better make sure you go another way. I'm not sure why I believe this, but it may have something to do with hearing this over and over again when I was younger!

4. I used to believed that making wishes on 11:11 is very special and will come true. I don't anymore (but I think that's because I always miss 11:11).

5. See a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck! (especially if head side is up!)

6. Walking under an open ladder is disastrous!
7. I believe walking into a room with your right foot FIRST will bring you good luck (this is something every time I walk into my test/exam room!)

8. Knocking on wood (3 times to be exact) will prevent bad things from happening (I usually use my head if there is no nearby wood).

9. Wishing upon shooting stars! - I saw 3 shooting stars my entire life, and I was only able to make a proper wish on the first one. Trust me, it came true.

10. If you're talking to someone or a group of people, and out of no where it goes quiet, an angel passed by. If its quiet for about 1 minute, Jesus stopped by to say hello! - but the silence is completely random and not forced.

Do you share some of the same superstitions as me?  What are some of your superstitions that are not mentioned on my list? Let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I have a friend that makes sure she walks into rooms with the right foot too. That's so funny! I've teased her about it a couple of times. But she always gets me back! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've heard of the 7th one - walking into a room right foot first. I feel like I would try too hard at doing that and think too much into it and I would trip over my feet or something ;)

    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of #7, but I do most of the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forever wishing on shooting stars!! 11:11 is hard to come by for me too but if I see it I make a wish!

    ReplyDelete