02 October 2014

My Dream Job When I was Younger


When I was younger, I wasn't really exposed to that many jobs.. or so I thought. So growing up, I've gone through the many stages of switching between what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wanted to be a teacher, a dentist, a veterinarian, a doctor, a pilot, a policewoman... and the list goes on and on. But, I think it is fair to say, the majority of my life I wanted to go into the medical field. So, growing up I had my dreams set up to become a doctor, a paediatrician to be exact.

But then high school happened and reality unfortunately sat in. My marks weren't high enough in both chemistry and math to allow me to get into the Life Sciences (or Health Sciences) programs in university (which is the first path to becoming a doctor). So, I had to actually change my ways and choose a different career path because let's face it... sciences aren't even my thing, especially chemistry urgg the struggle is real.

I was fortunate enough to get into university - in fact I'm in my third year doing a double major in psychology and anthropology. At the moment, I'm a full-time student just exploring my option, which can be both good or bad. Good because I'm venturing out to really see what interests me and possibly find careers based on my likes, rather than my parents wants. Bad because I feel like I am just coasting through my classes without a motivation to become something more.

I loved working with kids, and I still do. Working with kids with disabilities or even cancer would just be an absolute dream come true for me. But, one step at a time to getting there!

No comments:

Post a Comment