03 October 2014

Golden Rule


Today's post reading: Luke 6:1-49 (ESV)
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.  - Luke 6:31 (ESV)
Treating others the way I would want to be treated is a value I truly live by. It is a thought that is always in the back of my mind whenever I am talking to others - my loved ones or even my not so loved ones. This verse has a lot of meaning. What stands out the most is the fact that it really makes you think twice before you decide to act, speak or even think in a certain way. 

Personally, it makes me want to put myself in other people's shoes. I'll admit it, whenever I am mad/angry at someone, I tend to show that anger through the act of ignoring and not acknowledging the other person. I know, it is catty, but that is how I deal with things/people - choosing not to deal with it/him/her directly. (It is something I'm definitely working on). But, whenever I am feeling the sort of the same treatment from someone else, this verse really comes to mind. 

Being a female, I've had my fair share of emotional pain. Whether it was being on the other end of a rumour, or having really rude and hurtful things said to me, like you all, I've experienced it. How has it changed me? Well, it changed the way I want to deal with others. For one, I don't deliberately say hurtful things to others, because like I said, I know words hurts. 

But this of course does not happen over night. It takes time to learn from your past and to use it as a positive experience to affect the present and future. So, what's one way to show love to others who we really don't get a long with? I say the first thing is respect. Think about it... We don't like feeling small and unimportant. I think a smile goes a long way and can even change the course of a person's life. 

Start by saying hello and smiling to others. Show respect to others. How will others show respect to you if you are guarding yourself if negativing and an unwillingness to open up. Be friendly with your thoughts, words and actions. Actions speaks LOUDER than words. Your actions show you who you really are, and if you acting negatively towards other pushes other ways and you won't get that chance to build something new. 

It is a one day process, and not a very easy one. But, showing love to others will bring more positivity into your life - which is something you'll definitely be looking forward to every time you wake up!

Smile beautiful its the weekend! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the 8th day of the 16 day plan in my journey of reading, reflection and responding to what the bible says about love. If you'd like to follow alone, join HERE and perhaps start your own journey! Ready to go on this journey with me? Well then, let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment