25 May 2015

Being Brave!

To me, being brave is easier said then done. For those who've known me since I was little, being outgoing and loud is just an "act". Trust me, I am so shy, and nervous to explain my thoughts, feelings, and ideas. I'm not sure why I am the way that I am, but somehow I've been able to branch out a bit and be more out there. 

For today's post, I'm going to talk about the few moments in my life where I've felt brave. Brave to do something I wouldn't normally do. It's nerve racking to even think about what I've accomplish, but hey, I really am proud! 

I used to be terrified to speak in front of a class. This included presentations, answers a question in class, speeches... anything that involved me talking in front of a group of people. I somehow was able to get over this when I made the biggest leap of my life and joined the Canadian Air Cadet program back when I was 12 years old. I recently retired from the program when I turned 19, and found the confidence I never had to stand in front of a class to teach, or even talk to groups of people. It was an amazing experience, and something I am thankful for. Because, although I still may be nervous and shy, at least I know there is really nothing worst that can happen from talking in front of a crowd. 

I hated heights... well, certain kinds of heights. Like I can manage the heights of a roller coaster, but looking down from high places is just terrifying. Even if I am looking outside a window, I can't. There's the what if I can just fall over. But, just recently, I somehow over came this fear in the most scariest way possible. I live in Toronto, and we have a skyscraper called the CN Tower. And near the top, there this floor that is literally made by class. When you stand on the glass, you can really see ALL THE WAY DOWN to the floor. It is terrifying, but I've somehow overcame this fear and actually stood on the glass. Even though I stood there for 5 seconds of less, I still did it! 

On a more personal brave achievement, I've fell in love. And falling in love is one of the most terrifying, yet the best experience ever. Give someone all your love, and trusting them with ever secret, or thoughts or ideas with the thought of not being judge is actually scary. Trusting your other half to not hurt you, trusting your other half with your heart... the biggest things I've had to over come. And, I think out of all of my "brave" moments, this is my favourite... Being in love, is the best feeling ever. 

Being brave is very individualistic. We all have our definitions of what it is to be brave, because we are all afraid of different things, or different outcomes. But, from what I've learnt, is that the worst possible that can happen, is really just the worst possible thing. Chances are, our worst fears are not going to happen. And you can't live life being scared. Stepping out of your comfort zone can be life changing - an amazing change. 
post signature
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found Love. Now What?

I'm linking up with the Blog Everyday in May challenge hosted by Belinda at Found Love Now What. Check out the prompts for the month! (click HERE)! & click HERE to see my posts for the challenge!
 



1 comment:

  1. Great post with so many parts to it and points you make that I identify with!

    ReplyDelete