26 October 2015

Week 1 of Dieting (A Recap)


ONE WEEK has past. I thought I would share with you what I ate and what I was feeling based on what I wrote in my You First journal. SO, hopefully I continue strong over the next 30 days, and hopefully you enjoy following my progress, I'll try to be as brief as possible!

SUNDAY: (day 1)
Main focus: PROTEIN
  • Breakfast/Lunch: I had a passion drink, which is an exclusive Yoli mixture of powder and water that increases alternates and wakefulness... I personally didn't like the taste. 
  • After 30 minutes of drinking that, I drank a chocolate flavoured YES shake. I personally thought this tasted SOO much better.. It tastes like a milkshake, but without the milk and no added sugar or sweetener. 
  • After 30 minutes, I finally ate a salad including lettuce, strips of carrots, egg whites and chicken breast. This was actually delicious. Wished I could've ate a larger portion. 
  • Before eating dinner, I had another YES shake, but this time vanilla flavoured. I REALLY LOVE THIS. It honestly tastes amazing! So, I was happy with this.
  • Dinner was even better! I had myself salmon with a side of peas and carrots, lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette, and egg whites!
  • Ended the night drinking water!
Snacks: I found myself eating an apple, and nibbling on some dried fruits (i.e., raisons) and nuts. I never realized how delicious these actually tasted...

MONDAY: (day 2)
Main focus: MEAL DAY
  • Breakfast/Lunch: I had a passion drink, again I really don't like the taste of this drink...
  • After 30 minutes, I drank a chocolate flavoured YES shake.
  • After 30 minutes, I ate whole wheat pasta (easy on the ground beef, and pasta sauce). 
  • Drank the passion drink again.. still not liking the taste of this.
  • Ate more whole wheat pasta (since there was extra left over from when I came home from class)
  • Drank vanilla flavoured YES shake.. and YES, this tasted so much better.
Snacks: I found myself nibbling on a few whole grain crackers since I stayed up late into the morning working on an essay and *trying to study for a midterm.

TUESDAY: (day 3)
Main focus: PROTEIN
  • Breakfast/Lunch: I had a passion drink.. chugged it down quickly since I woke up really late and I was a rush to get to class on time.
  • After 30 minutes, I drank a chocolate flavoured YES shake. I kept drinking this along the drive to school.
  • Ate chicken salad just before class - chicken breast with few strips of cheese, romaine lettuce, Cesar dressing, and croutons.
  • Drank the passion drink during my 3 hour break before my next class
  • Ate more whole wheat pasta (since there was extra left over from when I came home from class)
  • Drank vanilla flavoured YES shake.. and YES, this tasted so much better
Snacks: I had pieces of pineapple in class... that really helped with my sweet cravings I was having for pop.

WEDNESDAY: (day 4)
Main focus: MEAL DAY

  • I slept in because I was staying up late studying for my midterm. 
  • So, I found myself missing "breakfast" timings... but, when I woke up I had the passion drink, followed by the chocolate shake 30 minutes later. 
  • I ate a banana.
  • For lunch (literally before I left for school), I ate 1/3 cup of rice and some seasoned chicken. 
  • I drank my passion drink at school and had a small yogurt as snack. 
  • I came home late from my midterm, found myself just eating another 1/3 of rice and seasoned chicken.
  • Drank the vanilla YES shake, and called it a night
THURSDAY: (day 5)
Main focus: PROTEIN

  • Woke up for work, and had the passion drink. 30 minutes later, I had the chocolate YES shake.
  • Ate yogurt mixed with almost nuts for breakfast!
  • Lunch, I bought myself chicken souvlaki on whole wheat pita, with lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes, bit of cheddar cheese, hummus,  and tzatziki sauce.
  • For dinner I drank the passion drink, followed by eating baked salmon with lettuce, onions, egg whites
  • Before going to bed, I drank the vanilla YES shake!
FRIDAY: (day 6)
Main focus: MEAL DAY

  • Woke up and drank the passion drink, followed by the chocolate YES shake 30 minutes later. I ate oatmeal for breakfast (instead of having it with milk like I usually do, I had it with almond milk*)
  • Lunch I decided not to buy at work, and just packed up chicken breast from home.
  • Dinner I had 1/3 cup of rice and goat meat my mother made.
  • I had the passion shake, followed by the vanilla YES shake.


SATURDAY: (day 7)
Main focus: PROTEIN

  • Woke up early (since it was a work day for me), I drank the passion drink, followed by the YES chocolate shake 30 minutes later.
  • Found myself eating nuts at work because I was running behind, PLUS leaving my breakfast AND lunch on the dinning table. 
  • I bought myself a chicken souvlaki (in a salad form) with romaine lettuce, grilled onions, cheddar cheese, hummus, tzatziki sauce. 
  • For dinner - I went out with Jay, and found myself eating half of the nachos we ordered as an appetizer, and for entree, I ordered Chicken Stir Fry (with jasmine rice and lots of veggies and chicken breast) YUMMY.  
Something I found...
I was surprised to feel satisfied when nibbling on the nuts. I never use to have nuts as a go-to snack in the past, it was usually something more unhealthy. But, opting for nuts is most likely going to be a permanent change!

ALSO: I haven't had coffee for 7 days... and I haven't felt more awake than ever. I used to think coffee is a must for me in order to stay awake, but no... I was completely wrong! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment