12 October 2015

Thankful with the ABC's


Today is Monday, and I have no classes/work. And, I am super THANKFUL for that. Wanna know why?? Because, it is Thanksgiving in Canada! So, before I proceed to today's post, I would just like to say Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian out there! Hope you all enjoy all the family time and all the food you are going to endure later on! I know I will:)

In honour of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd take the time to appreciate some of the many things I am thankful for having in my life. And, why not do it though the alphabet??? (I know, I did this last year, so I'll try my best not to repeat answers!)

- Ashley
Today, I am most definitely thankful for having an amazing sister in my life. She may be annoying at time, but I tend not to focus on that. I am thankful for having a sibling. I think my life would be QUIET and BORING without her in it.

B - Books
Lately, I've been so thankful for books. I find it a great escape from reality, especially school. If I am feeling stressed, I like to lay in bed and catch up with some of my favourite characters.  

- Canada
I mean, how can I not be thankful for the country I live in? I love what we have and how we differ from other countries. I especially love the free-health care. Definitely helpful when your like me constantly googling symptoms and coming up with random possible diseases (that I of course do not end up having). 

D - Daddy
I am super thankful for my dad. I am even more thankful for having him in my life. As I grow, I seem to forget my dad is growing older, as well. So, in all honesty, I'm just really thankful for having a father who is there and cares so much about me and my life! 

- Exercise 
I am thankful for how exercise made me feel this year. It has definitely kept me motivated to maintain a healthy lifestyle, one where I can be both mentally and physically strong (but that is a working progress!)

F - Family
I am thankful for family - my immediate family, my cousins, my aunts, uncles - everyone. To me, family is the most important thing to me. I will always have their backs, just as they would with mine. I am super thankful to have amazing people part of my family.

G - God
I am thankful for all He has given to me; the good and the bad. I am thankful for it all! Everything He has done, is for a reason, and I cannot wait to find out what my future has in store for me. 

HHealth
I am truly thankful I have a place to stay safe and warm. It is unfortunate, especially during the holidays where people are unable to stay in a warm place with food to eat. I think my home is something I've definitely been taking for granted. 

- Ice-Cream
I love ice - especially the classics like vanilla. If I was able to eat ice-cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I wouldn't mind! 

J - Justin 
I am especially thankful for Jay today. He's my best friend, and someone I found myself to grow a closer connection with over the past 5 years. He means a lot to me, and I genuinely want to keep him forever. He's done so much for me, more than I can ever thank him for. 

- Kleenex
I am thankful for all the kleenex I ever use to wipe a tear from my face, or just use to wipe a tear before it fell down my face. It saved me a bunch of times from exposing sadness to others. Sometimes, I just don't want to talk about it... 

- Love
I am thankful for everyone in my life, especially those whom I love and love me back. Love really does make the world go round, and I am thankful I am blessed to have such people in my life. 

- Mommy
I am thankful to have a strong and loving mother in my life.  I am especially thankful of how supportive and active she is in my life. Not a lot take the time to do a lot for their kids... but, my mom seems to always go above and beyond when it comes to my sister and I. I know I might not show it a lot, but I am thankful for having her in my life.

- Nature
Nature is a beautiful thing. I find inspiration through the plants, animals, and wildlife I encounter. Absolutely beautiful. 

- Orchids
Orchids are my favourite flower. They are beautiful and just so elegant looking. It is something I am truly thankful for because of the many happy memories I have with orchids!

P - Penelope
Penelope is my favourite friend. I know she's a rabbit and all, but you would not believe the bond that we've developed together. She's super cuddly, and a great listener whenever I just talk to myself in my room, or need someone to listen to me study. She's the greatest, and CUTEST. So happy I have her in my life! 

- Quirks
We all have something that makes us different and unique. I am thankful for my quirks today for making me who I am today! 

R - Room 
I am thankful for my room today. A space to call my own, a space where I can feel at my most relaxed without thought of being judged. I love the comfortable of my room. And, I especially love coming home after a long day, and just curling up in my bed! I love it, I love it, I LOVE IT! 

- Silence
I am thankful for the days/moments I have of pure silence. Sometimes, the silence is needed to help clear my mind, or help make important decisions.

T - Talking
I am thankful for having the ability to talk. With that being said, I love the ability talking has allowed me to do... open up my feelings, share my ideas, provide help to others. I am thankful for this.  (However, I still want to learn ASL and communicate with them. I think it is an absolutely beautiful language and culture!)

- Unlearned
This might sound odd, but it really isn't if you think about it. I am thankful for the unlearned because I am open up to learning and exploring new things - such as learning about a different culture, or a different religion. I am not a one-minded person, and I love what the world has to offer. So, I am thankful for all the unknown and unlearned things I am about to learn in near time! 

- Vanilla Bean lattes
I can't lie, these are absolutely delicious. And, I am super thankful for having this in my life. I seriously helps get my day get started, and also helps me stay awake during my night classes! 

- Water
Today, I am especially thankful for water. I think we sometimes forget how accessible and available water is for us, we tend to take it for granted (i.e., leave the tap on while brushing your teeth). I love water, and without clean water, I think our lives would be EXTREMELY different. 

X - eXperiences 
Haha, I know it doesn't exactly start with the letter "x", but I x-ray was the only thing I could think about... But, today I am thankful for the experiences I've endured. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today. And, truthfully, I am happy with who I am, including the values and beliefs I have holds.

YYou
I'm thankful for having you guys actually here on my blog, and for those who actually take time out of their day to read what I've got to say - the good, the funny, the bad, and the ugly. So, THANK YOU sooo much!

- Zumba
I find zumba EXTREMELY fun! SO,  I am thankful for zumba today, because not only does it make exercising fun, but because the class is on a Monday, it actually makes me excited about Mondays! 

What are you thankful for today?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment