08 November 2013

Best Lesson Life Has Shown Me

I know I am cheating by playing catch up with this November blogging challenge hosted by a happy girl. But give me a break. I've recently came across this challenge just this morning, and in all honestly, I want to join along.  It would be great for a rookie blogger to have some blogs to post about.  So let's play the catch up game starting with.... 


Day 1: One of the best lessons life has shown you.

In all my years of living (which has only been 18 years), I've spent a great amount of time in school and other extra curricular activities. I've met a lot of great people, and a lot of not so great people in my journey to find who I am.  I've also came across people who only talked to me when they needed something.

A lesson I've learned is that if a person wants to be a part of your life, they will make an effort to do so.

For me, there was this one person who I kept running after to be a part of my life.  But I unfortunately wasted 8 years trying to run after him when in reality he just wanted to use me.  And it's a shame how someone you used to consider your close friend could do many hurtful things, and I still considered him a friend.  No apologies, no remorse.. I was an idiot and just kept running after him.

When I met Jay that's when things began to become clearer for me.  He made it apparent to me that there is not point of reserving a spot/space for ANYONE in my life, especially if they do not make an effort to stay.  He was right.

What benefit will I have if all I do is give, give, give... and get nothing in return?

This story does have a happy ending I promise... With Jay, he's just the perfect example of what it means to be there for you in times of need; and that is why I have a huge space reserved for him in my heart.  He makes an OBVIOUS effort to show that he does want to be apart of my life.  He makes it OBVIOUS that he is not using me for whatever... he wants to be in my life for the good.

That is the kind of people we need in all of our lives.  No need to stress over nothing, when you have everything in front of you waiting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment