14 November 2013

The Thankful Project: A Blessing

Count your blessings is something I definitely live by.  It is something that we all tend to forget to do because we are all just so preoccupied with just having everything go in a specific direction.  Then all we are left with is disappointment, which ultimately leads us into complaining about almost everything.


Day 14: A Prompt About "A Blessing"; hosted by Kenzi from chasing happy

A blessing that I don't say too often is someone who is definitely close to me, and is just more than my best friend.  Today, I am thankful for my sister, Ashley.  Even though people often mistake her for being the elder sister, she is my little sister and it is such a blessing to have someone like her in my life.

We may look like, and often talk very similar to one another, but we are very different in almost every way possible.  She is a blessing in my life, because if she was never born, I'd probably be very lonely at home without her.

She is someone who will always 100% have my back, even when I am wrong; and I can honestly say that I love being there for her when she asks for my advice.  We listen to each other, we advise each other, and most importantly, we just joke around with each other.  Although we may have disagreements here and there, she is my best friend and I am so thankful my parents brought her into my life when I was just a 1 year old.







What blessing are you thankful for today?





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of you two! As an only child, this totally made me wish I had a sibling to be so close with. Great blessing!

    ReplyDelete