13 November 2013

The Thankful Project: An Ability

Being apart of The Thankful Project is actually making me excited to blog everyday… I guess what I'm trying to say is that this project is actually helping me realize all the things do I endure everyday and how I am usually ungrateful for the most part.. I'm one to tell people that we should all count our blessings, but I never realized its the simple things that we should be most thankful for.


Day 13: A Prompt About "An Ability"; hosted by chasing happy 

We all have multiple abilities to do almost anything… So the question is, what ability am I thankful for today? I am thankful that I have the ability to love and care for anyone and everything.  Before you go on and think that this is a lame answer, allow me to explain. 

There are many people in our world who are either cruel or selfish (sometimes both).  Unfortunately, there are many of us who have to experience the hurt and pain from others we would expect love from. There are also times when we feel alone and like no one understands us… I know what this is like.  

Learning from my horrific past that you would not believe, I am just grateful that I have the ability to love.  In a sense, having the ability to love and care for others just makes me even more thankful that I am not letting my past ruin my present and my future.  For me, taking my experiences and changing it into something positive I can share with others is honestly one of the best feelings in the world.  

Being there for others when they have no one, just reminds me that just because I was hurt before, doesn't mean I have to hurt others.  Once you've come to really know me, you'll realize that is just who I am… someone who will always put others before herself.  

And in all honesty, I am not ashamed of this.  I am just glad I am the type of person to be there for others… Because let's face it, we all know what it is like to need someone, but to be left alone.  Therefore, having this ability to love and care for others brings joy into my life knowing that I am making a difference, not just in my day, but in someone else's day.

Be kind to one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment