08 November 2013

Favourite Inspirational Quote

Playing catch up continues! Hopefully I won't be one of those annoying bloggers who just blogs every 10 minutes... I'm just trying to catch up I swear!


Day 2: Favourite inspiring quote; hosted by a happy girl.

"Butterflies can't see their wings.  They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can.  People are like that as well." - anonymous 
I've seen this quote circulating around tumblr for a long time now... and every time I read it, I get the same chills that I had the first time I read this quote.  Because of societal norms, we don't appreciate or see the beauty that we have.  We are always so fully concentrated on physically looking a certain way that we forget what we were born with. 

This quote may not be inspirational to you, but it is to me.  It is an eye opener of how beauty is among everyone of us... but we are too insecure to notice.  We are able to notice all our flaws, but not the traits and features that make us beautiful. 

Being in a society that cares only about looks is unfortunate.  We care about what people think and say about us, and we allow that to control our lives - some for better; mostly for the worst.  I think it is always important to remember that we are all beautiful.  

You are beautiful for being you, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.   

Stay strong and stay beautiful for you - Beauty starts from within.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Catch up with my previous posts:
Day 1: One of the Best Lessons Life Has Shown Me




No comments:

Post a Comment