02 July 2015

Why Hello There! | #AnInspiredSeason


We all love to participate in challenges, whether they are 30 days long, or just a few times a week. During the month of July, I will be participating in Bailey's from Brave Love Blog and Katie from A Place to Dwell in a new series they call, An Inspired Season.

This is today's prompt: Introduce yourself by writing your biography as if being interviewed for The New York Times, sharing your history, accomplishments, and were you are right now. Complete it with what you would want t to say in the future (biggest dreams and goals included) in italics.

So, my New York Times interview is below:

I Write About You Blogger, Vanessa

The up and coming part-time blogger and full-time student, Vanessa, has come a long way since she began her blogging journey back in August 2013. With a lot that has changed, from the design of her blog to the changes in her life, we wanted to know what is she really up to. 



Describe a normal day for you?
My life is literally the simplest. I wake up, get ready for either work or school.

If I have work, then I'm usually in a rush just to get to work on time for an early shift. Then, I obviously work for at least 5 hours. I typically always buy my lunch at Subway across the street, and spend the rest of my 30/45 minute break watching netflix on my phone. I interact with a lot of customers at my part-time job, so smiling is a must throughout my day! Once my shift is over, I am literally in rush home to eat some good home-made food and rest with my feet elevated.

If I have school for the day, then it's even more simpler. I would drive my sister first to the Go-Bus Station, then head my over to school. Sit in the library for 2 hours, then head to class for another 2 hours or so. And head back to the library and wait until my sister get back to the Go-Bus-station. Then, proceed home.

See... I told you my life was simple aha.

You're a full-time student, what are you currently studying?
I am a 20-year-old full time student. In fact, I technically already entered into my 4th year of university. I am almost done completing my Double Major in both Anthropology (sciences) and Psychology; both going towards my Honours Bachelor of Sciences degree I will be receiving once I graduate. I think it is exciting, venturing out in two completely different fields of sciences, yet somehow being able to piece everything together through the study of evolution.

What are you plans after university?
At the moment, it is all one big confusion for me. I would love to attain my masters in psychology, but at the same time, it is very competitive with very limited jobs after wards. When I say limited, I mean limited jobs I want, not in general.

My plan is just to apply for everything, and then go from there. I will be applying into a 2-year program of nursing, applying to different schools for my Masters, and venturing out into programs in the medical field.

What are some facts about yourself you usually don't share upon first meeting you?
Oh, there are a few. I'm the type of person who feels like I'll be a "show-off" if I continuously talk about my achievements. That's why I usually don't say anything until I'm asked. 
  • I have my junior black belt in karate
  • I was in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets, attaining the rank as Warrant Officer First Class
  • I literally have a wall full of medals, trophies and plaques I've received and earned 
  • I have twice the amount of certificates 
  • I used to be the in IB program in my high school, and achieving the IB French Certificate 
That's all I can really think of from the top of my head... But, I'm sure that is because I usually don't share these things right away, so of course they are not on the top of my head! 
post signature
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm linking up with #AnInspiredSeason hosted by Bailey @ Brave Love Blog and Katie @ A Place to Dwell  Check out the prompts for Tuesdays and Thursdays (click HERE)! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment