15 January 2015

Looking Back to A Childhood Thought

I've been meaning to participate in this link-up for a while, but of course, I am a procrastinator and just keep pushing everything off. Today, I've decided to finally join in the Write it or Die Wednesdays with Vashelle and Mia. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it is not Wednesday, but hey, better late then never! Today's prompt is this photograph! 


When I was younger, I thought I had everything figured out - what I wanted to be, who I wanted to marry, how many children I wanted... blah, blah, blah. But, as I grew up, I learnt, of course things change. But, when I saw this picture, one thought immediately came to my mind. 

Proposal.

Before you get ahead of yourself, no I am not engaged, nor have I ever been asked. When I was younger, I always had the idea of being proposed under the ocean. I know, such a cliché. But, this was something I really wanted! I've had a love for the water and a huge interest for all the creatures that live under the ocean/sea. So, why not share a big moment like a proposal with living creatures I absolutely adored?

Ha, I even had it all planned out believe it or not! (Ask my sister and cousin, I'm sure they remember all the details I bored them with during our sleepovers!) I always imaged going on a trip to Cuba or somewhere warm with friends and their significant other - like a couples retreat. Then, we would go scuba diving with the dolphins. And, when I was younger, I always assumed that you had a rope to hold onto to drag ourselves deep within the ocean. Then, I imaged going down this rope to the bottom and seeing my future finance down there with some sign asking me to marry me.

Yeah, cute idea I know. But, I highly doubt it will ever happen. Why do you ask? Well, for one, my man doesn't swim or do water activities... soo, scuba diving is definitely out of the picture for him. But, on a more serious note, I feel like because I've had this idea for so long, I will have a huge expectation, an expectation that will definitely be hard to fulfill. So, I definitely do not want to put whoever my future finance is all the pressure of fulfilling a childhood dream. Besides, I want to be surprised with the proposal, like be completely swept off my feet.

Like common, you can't tell me this isn't cute!

image via
But, it is definitely too early for me to be thinking about proposals, and marriage. It is not in my plan right now. However, if you absolutely love this idea, please take it and make it better than I've ever imagined please! 

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! and yes, I am secretly hoping he's taking swimming lessons! Thanks so much for reading and replying :)

    ReplyDelete