27 February 2015

I Pierce Ears!


Let's get one thing straight before I continue with this post... I don't actually pierce ears for living or for anything. Haha, I only did it once, and it was successful, and ended up looking great! I usually do not recommend anyone to do their piercings, so this post is not a tutorial. In fact, I get my piercings done professionally. This post is based on a spur of the moment kind of thing. 

If you are interested, I will just share the different items you will need as well as the steps that I did. But, keep in mind, I am not a professional, and I actually followed instructions from Wiki How.

WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Sterile needle
  • Starter earrings
  • Rubbing alcohol (Hydrogen Peroxide)
  • Cork (or bar of soup)
  • Q-tips or cottons
  • Ice (2 the most)
  • Lighter
WHAT I DID:
I wish I took the time to take more pictures to share with you all, but I think I was so focused in the moment that I didn't realize I literally only took 3 pictures, and they were for snapchat. I know... lame. So, I will try my best to describe everything I did step by step. It shouldn't be too hard, instructions are pretty much straight forward. 

Step 1: Sterile Everything! 
  •  To sterile the needle, you need to take your lighter and hold the flame under the tip of the needle for about a few seconds (I did about 5 seconds)
  • From there, I rubbed the needle with rubbing alcohol for about 30 seconds
  • We laid the needle on a tissue for about a few minutes, and then filled a mini bowl with rubbing alcohol and left the needle soak in there
  • TIP: Notice in the picture how there is string on one end of the needle? Let the string hang from the edge of the bowl to easily take out the needle without touching the tips. 

  • Have your earrings picked out 
  • Take a separate bowl with rubbing alcohol, and have the earring sit in the bowl until needed

Step 2: Clean and Numb

  • Wash your hands!
  • Take your Q-tip or cotton ball, dip it into the rubbing alcohol, and clean the ear lobe. 
  • Take your marker and mark earlobe for the desired position of the piercing
  • Take your ice, and place it on the ear lobe until numb (this shouldn't take too long)


Step 3: Pierce through

  • In a calm manner, stretch the earlobe and pierce the earlobe with the needle 
  • Ensure the cork is placed behind the earlobe for the needle to contact once pierced through the ear
  • Once pierced through the earlobe, leave in for about 2-4 minutes. While waiting, rotate the needle and clean with rubbing alcohol.

Step 4: Style it up! 

  • Replace the needle with the earring 
  • In the case where the hole from the back part of the lobe is a little closed, you might have to add a bit of pressure to pierce earring through. 
And, thats really it! I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous being the one person to pierce someone else's ear because it is just a lot of pressure, and I didn't want to hurt anyone. I guess I must of done well because they only felt the pinch, which is completely natural.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment