13 February 2015

How to Create Social Media Icons!


Well, it has been a while since I've written a blog tutorial. So, I decided that because I'm currently in the remakes of my blog layout (spoiler alter!), I thought I would share my ways of saving a few dollars and creating some of our your social media icons!

This tutorial is very simple! I will be using picmonkey for this tutorial, but you are free to use any editing software!  Let's begin!

STEP 1: GET YOUR ICONS!

Okay, so you can't have social media icons without the the actual icons. In many of the editing softwares, they won't have a lot of the social media icons. So, you need to go out and get them. I got my icons from ICONFINDER. What you simply have to do is type in the icon you want. I will be doing the example of instagram! 


You might have to scroll down past the premium icon to find the free ones! Once you find the icon you want to use, you can simply save the image by pressing PNG. It should automatically save to your computer and into your downloads folder.  Create a new design and change the dimensions to 40 x 40. I personally like to use 40 x 40, but if you want it to be smaller, you can definitely play around with the sizes, 30 x 30 for example. 

STEP 2: GO TO YOUR FAVOURITE EDITING SOFTWARE

 Create a new design and change the dimensions to 40 x 40. I personally like to use 40 x 40, but if you want it to be smaller, you can definitely play around with the sizes, 30 x 30 for example. 




STEP 3: DESIGN YOUR ICON

This is where the fun part comes in!

On picmonkey, You want to select the butterfly icon on the left hand side, and select geometric shapes. In this example, I will be creating circular social media icons! So, select a colour you want to use, and create that shape you want!Well, it has been a while since I've written a blog tutorial. So, I decided that because I'm currently in the remakes of my blog layout (spoiler alter!), I thought I would share my ways of saving a few dollars and creating some of our your social media icons!



From you obviously select the shape you want, and the colour. Simple so far eh? 

STEP 4: UPLOAD YOUR ICON

From the same butterfly section, see the dropdown arrow that is beside the "YOUR OWN" option. Click that, and select from computer. From there find the option of the social media icon you downloaded and uploaded it.  Resize your icon to fit in the your circle (or whatever shape you want!) And change the colour of what you want your icon to be. Resize your icon to fit in the your circle (or whatever shape you want!) And change the colour of what you want your icon to be. 



STEP 5: CUSTOMIZE YOUR ICON

Resize your icon to fit in the your circle (or whatever shape you want!) And change the colour of what you want your icon to be. 


STEP 6: SAVE YOUR IMAGE

Save your image - make sure you save in PNG format, because it is better for archiving and will look better on your blog! And ta-da, you have your social media icon! That's it! Hopefully this tutorial will help you create your social media icons! And save you a little bit of money!


MY EXAMPLE:

PLAY AROUND WITH IT: 

That's it! Hopefully this tutorial will help you create your social media icons! And save you a little bit of money! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I didn't realise it was so simple to make social media icons!! I will have to have a try x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem :) I'm glad this helped someone :)

    ReplyDelete