16 May 2016

Easy Homemade Lasagna

Have I ever told you how much I love lasagna?? Well, I love it. It is probably one of my all time favourite comfort go-to food. The problem was, I just always assumed it was too difficult to make it on my own. So, whenever I was craving lasagna, I was never able to fulfill my cravings. But, on days when my mom was feeling all chef-like and made lasagna, my tummy was always happy! 
No surprise about where this post is going, this past week I've been craving lasagna. And, instead of just craving it, this past weekend I decided to cook my own batch of lasagna! And, to my surprise, it was actually easy! Like, so much easier than I thought. Also, it ended up tasting SO MUCH BETTER than I thought it would! I think that was mostly because I knew what I liked, so I customized and mixed different recipes together! 
PREP TIME: 30 minutes (if you're a beginner cook)
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage 
- 2-1/2 cups of shredded cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup of parmesan grated cheese
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese 
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten 
- 1 jar of tomato sauce (650mL)
- lasagna noodles (a lot of recipes says 12... I didn't use 12, however)
- 1-1/2 cups of water 

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F
2. Place grounded meat of your choice in a large pan/skillet on medium-high heat.
 
3. While the meat is being cooked, mix 2 cups of ricotta cheese, 1-1/4 cups of mozzarella, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/4 of chopped parsley, and egg in a bowl until evening blended.

5. When meat is cook, drain meat using a strainer, and place the drained cooked meat back into the skillet/pan. Pour in entire jar of pasta sauce. Pour 1-1/2 cups into the pasta sauce jar; cover and shake the jaw well. Pour the water in the skillet and stir evenly.


6. In an empty pan or baking dish, place 1 cup of the meat sauce and spread evenly across the dish. (This is your bottom layer!) 
7. Take 3 (or 4 depending on the size of your dish) uncooked lasagna noodles across the pan. 
8. Take 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, and spread evenly on top of the lasagna noodles. 


9. Add 1 cup of meat sauce on top of the ricotta cheese mixture.

10. Repeat steps 7-9 two more times (for a total of 3 layers).



BONUS STEP:
I like my lasagna nice and cheesy. So, before repeating steps 7-9, I like to sprinkle shredded cheese before adding another layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.


11. On the last layer, you may have some extra meat sauce left over; spread it on top of the last layer of uncooked lasagna noodles followed by shredded cheese and parmesan cheese.

12. Cover the baking pan with tin foil, and bake the lasagna for a total of 1 hour, removing the tin foil after 45 minutes.


Well, there you go! See how much more simpler that was! And, its even more delicious than it looks! Hope you enjoy this recipe!

post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment