09 May 2016

They Grow Up So Fast

Yesterday, my little cousin turned 12 years old. I REPEAT, 12 YEARS OLD! 

In all honesty, I didn't even realize she was just 11 years old the other day. I kid you not, for the past few years, she was always 8 years old in my eyes. Then all of a sudden she became a pre-teen having a 2-digit age; but, I forever thought she was 8 years old. I also didn't even realize she is currently in the 6th grade, and already thinking about which high schools to apply for... which, she doesn't have to do for another 2 years. 

I mean, I always knew I was 10 years older than her; but, it is not like I actually realize that... Does that even make sense?

And, don't even get me started on her little brother. I will forever think of him as a 6 year old and in grade 1. But, NOPE. He is 9 (I think).... see, I don't even know. All I know is that he is older than what I'm thinking. 

The point is time flies. And, it is flying much more quicker than what my head can actually keep up with. 

So, in order to try to keep up with these many changes, my sister and I decided to have a "Cousins Day" with them and just cherish as many memories as we can together. Especially since they have yet to reach the teenage phase where they are too cool to hang out with family.

Anyways, because it was her birthday, she wanted to go to the movies, and we all decided to watch the Jungle Book. I have to say, it was a REALLY good movie. I honestly wouldn't mind going again to watch it. The movie just brought back all sorts of memories from when I was their age reading the book version and watching the cartoon animated version of the Jungle Book. SO GOOD.







Overall, I'd say that it was a pretty successful Cousin's Day. I do, however, wished the other cousins had the chance to join us. But, we still have the entire summer! And, taking them to the arcade at the theatre made them even happier. I'm glad I had the chance to spend time with them. Family is super important to me, and I want them to always know that they could come to me for anything, no matter how big of the age difference. 
post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment