24 September 2016

DIY: Cellphone Charger Holder

Hiya! It's finally Saturday, and I thought it would be fun to start off the weekend with some type of creative output.  You know those cute DIY projects you always see on Pinterest? Well, I decided to pick a cute one (one I'd most likely put to use) and recreate it. As you could tell from the title of this post, it's a cell phone charger holder! 


As I mentioned, this is not my idea. I actually first saw this creation on Kristyn's blog, where she created a cellphone holder using fabric, ribbon and a curtain grommet. It looked so cute, but I didn't have an extra curtain grommet laying around in the house so, I went on Pinerest and I surprisingly found many cute alternatives. 

I found others who created cellphone holders using an empty lotion bottle, or an old pair of jeans. There are a lot of different ways to go about this, and I decided to note from the pair of jeans method but, instead use old clothing I no longer wear. 


What you Need:

  • Fabric or an old piece of clothing 
  • Your phone
  • Scissors 
  • Needle and thread 
  • Ribbon (optional)



First, lay your phone on top of the fabric, and mark the dimensions you want (i.e., how high you may want the pouch part of the holder to be). I personally eyeballed this part.

Next, sew the two pieces of fabric together, from the inside, leaving the top side open for your phone to slide through.

For the handle, you can use ribbon and easily sew it to the top of your pouch, or cut and use another section from your material. 

Voila!
There you go! Not only was this easy to create, but now you have a cute spot to keep your phone (and wires!) while it's charging. 

What I love most about this, is the fact that your little animal friends won't have the temptation of nibbling on hanging loose wires. Penelope has a tendency of doing this -- I've gone through way to many chargers. It's time I keep just one. 


post signature
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment