24 December 2013

The Liebster Award

Good morning everyone!

It's day 24 of blogmas, but most importantly, it is Christmas Eve! I'm actually so excited to open all the gifts friends and family got me, and I am even more excited to just spend a day with my family!

Anyways, today's post is a little different from what I normally post.  The lovely Katie May has recently nominated me for The Liebster Award!


For those of you who are unfamiliar with this, as I was, The Liebster Award is for people who have 200 or less followers on their blog to help let readers get to know more about the blogger and to help the blogger gain more followers. Here are the few rules that need to be followed:
  • Link back to the nominator 
  • State 11 Facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 qustions given to you
  • Nominate 5-10 New Bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • Give those nominated 11 new questions
Let's begin!

11 Facts About Myself:

1. I am a confused student currently majoring in Psychology and Anthropology at University of Toronto
2. I have a huge obsession of drinking from a newly opened water bottle (like I literally don't drink from the water bottle I previously opened like 30 minutes ago)
3. My hair is naturally straight and long 
4. I am a huge fan of the colour pink (which explains my macbook cover and iPhone case)
5. I love eating ethnic foods!
6. I dislike the cold
7. The relationship I am currently in, is my longest one
8. I am currently hungry
9. I am 5'1 
10. My favourite kind of chocolate is Ferrero Rocher
11. I am a huge Harry Style lover!

11 Questions Katie May asks:

1. Favourite Social Media
My absolute favourite social media is Instagram! It's something I go on everyday, including the moment I wake up. -> @oulalanessaa is my instagram if you were wondering!

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
In 5 years, I see myself hopefully graduating from university with a nursing degree.  Right now I am currently trying to switch into the nursing program, so I honestly am hoping for this. 
In 10 years, I see myself out of my parents house hopefully having a steady career as a nurse, and hopefully engaged, or if not married already. 

3. Do you believe in Karma?
YES! I am a huge advocate of Karma.  I definitely believe in what goes around comes around, and if you do something shitty, you better expect something worst to happen to you. 
Trust me, just ask one of my cousins who decided to betray my sister Ashley, my cousin Neisha and I by snaking us to our entire family in Canada, and family back home.  Although this event happened around 3 years ago, their karma is hitting them pretty badly now. 

4. Must have winter wardrobe item?
It has to be my boots!!! It is a no no to go out in the winter (especially when there is snow outside) and ruin your shoes in the snow or the salt you are stepping on.  It is especially not the best feeling having snow go inside your shoe and I just hate that feeling of wearing wet socks!

5. Favourite food to eat?
My favourite food to eat is both spaghetti and lasagna.  OH my! Just even thinking about it makes me want to eat some right now.  I think its because of the meet and cheeses! I love cheese!

6. What is the last book you read?
The last book I read is called Righteous Dopefiend from Philippe Bourgois and Jeffrey Schonberg.  I actually wrote about this, so if you're interested click here to read what I wrote about this book! 

7. What advice would you give to the younger you?
Don't put your trust in others easily.  There are people out there who will use your secrets against you because they are either jealous or tired of your successes.  Figure out who you're true friends are quickly because it is better to be with a few GREAT and RELIABLE friends than with a lot of fake bitches. 

8. If you could go back to any day in your life, which day would it be?
This one is a hard one... I think I would go back to this one summer (I think 2 years ago) where I did something that will definitely hurt my best friend if he ever found out. It is something I truly regret, and I would just go back and not do the stupidness I did, just so I don't have to live with this lie and secret. 

9. Favourite Season?
SUMMER - no snow, no cold, my hair doesn't frizzle. It's the best. 

10. Who are you favourite bloggers?

11. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I was going through rough times where I didn't know how to express my feelings.  Yes Jay is always there for me, but there are some things that he just doesn't understand... so it's hard.  So I decided to create a private blog writing about my feelings.. something like a diary.  Then the more I blogged, the more blogs I started following and I decided to create a more positive blog to express my positivity more than the negative in my life...

I nominate.... 

My questions for you are:
1. What inspires you to blog?
2. Who is your inspiration?
3. Can you speak another language?
4. Is there a principle/rule you live your life by?
5. What is your weakness?
6. Besides blogging, what do you to with your spare time?
7. What is your biggest achievement?
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is currently your favourite song?
11. Any regrets?

Hope you all participate! Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!








No comments:

Post a Comment