08 April 2014

Work from Your Heart

Good morning on this rainy Tuesday.  There is absolutely no complains here, I rather it be raining, than snowing up here in Canada... so I am actually enjoying this very gloomy Tuesday.  If you have read yesterday's post, you would have noticed that one of my wishes mentioned the two exams I have lined up this week, one on Thursday, and the other on Saturday.  So, I am taking a very brief breaking from my "studying" that I am supposedly doing, and I decided to talk about something that has been on my mind for a while. 
Lately, I've been just so down and stressed out with the amount of things I need to get done. Whether it is for personal reasons or just family matters, I am constantly finding myself mentally and physically exhausted by 3pm. Which isn't normal for me.. I usually get tired right in time before bed, but it has just been a crazy few week (well months actually, if I am being honest here). So, as you can image, it is really easy for me to start becoming very cranky to those who are usually around me the most. 
Every night, before I go to bed, I usually talk to Jay about my day and just anything that is on my mind.  He was the one who actually realized that though I've been talking about different situations and events through my days, I tend to have very similar reactions and feelings.. which is probably why I've just been so stressed out and just feeling really cranky.  
Then last night, he said a simple yet meaningful phrase that turned my whole perspective around.  He said, "God will never put you through things he know that you will not be able to handle."  This is something I definitely needed to hear.  Why preach something you can't practice? This is something  I used to always say to him when his life is starting to get a little hard to handle. 
Whatever you do, work at it with all you heart, as working for the Lord - Colossians 3:23 
We need to make the most out of life.  It isn't enough to just get through life, day by day, just to do things just to finish them.  We need to do every task with the Lord in our hearts by thanking Him and praising Him through our actions, thoughts and words.  By trusting in Him in our lives, just allows Him to continue the plan that he has in store for us.  There can only be joy at the end of this journey, and it is always important to remember that He will never let us suffer on our owns, especially through situations that we cannot handle.

Happy Tuesday everybody! xo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment