08 May 2014

7 Bible Verses in Times of Stress

image via
I think it is safe to say that we ALL go through times of stress. Whether it is stressing over exams, boys/girls, friends, stupid drama... we all go through stress that can really shatter us into bits of pieces. I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I feel stressed out of my mind, I tend to just keep to myself. I don't know how to explain to others what I am going through, so I often don't seek for comfort. And it can be frustrating to both myself and others, especially Jay. We all have someone in our lives who want to help and be there for us... but sometimes we just don't have the words to explain what the heck we are going through.
 
So today, I have gathered some of the greatest bible verses for times of stress. If you can't find the words to seek comfort in others, seek comfort in God.
7 Great Bible Verses for Stress
In my distress I call upon the LORD, Yes, I cried to my God; And from His temple He heard my voice, And my cry for help came into His ears. (2 Samuel 22:7)
And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)
Cast your burden upon the LORD, and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee. In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can [mere] man do to me? (Psalm 56:3-4)
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD you God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:6)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment