10 December 2014

4 Years Ago...


Four years ago, I didn't think I'd be where I am today. I am currently in my third year of university, I've accomplished pretty much everything I wanted to accomplish in cadets, I've continued to be the best me I can possibly be. But... today is December 10. Do you know what this day means to me?

4 years ago today, an extremely "shy" boy asked me out. And I use quotation marks around the word shy because well, he wasn't really shy when it came to me. In fact, he was this hilarious guy that everyone was fond about. So, that day he asked me out I was quite shocked to know that he was soon shy that he hung up the phone on me before he could even ask me the question. I eventually pushed him to ask him, and it wasn't the most romantic way or anything, but it didn't have to be. His heart was in the right place, and I think that is all that matters.

Today, I'm here happier than ever with him. Our 4 years together was a short one to be honest. Thinking back, there are so many blurs, yet there are many more great memories. Memories, I must add, that are very well remembered when I go through pictures (so ha! aren't you happy that I took  so many pictures?!) There were also soooo many ups and downs, but I think getting through them all, and together, is what kept us strong.

I don't know what the future holds for the both of us, nor do I want to even think about it. I just want to live everyday with the man I love. I am honestly am in no rush to get hitched, nor do I want to... at the moment. But, still. 4 years... its crazy because sometimes it even seems longer.

What I love the most about the last 4 years, was the person I became. I truly love the person I am today since I've met him. As cheesy as this sounds, he really did change me for good, and for that I am truly thankful to have someone like him in my life. He is definitely one of a kind, and a keeper.

Cheers baby!

2 comments: