04 March 2014

Think Before Judging A Parent

I was on tumblr this morning to pass time, and I saw a gif based on a youtube video that I absolutely thought was just beautiful.  So I was on a search to find the youtube video in order to watch the entire video, and guess what! I found it, and I decided that it was best if I shared it with you all today.

Turns out this is an ad created by Wacoal Thailand for the Beauty Inside Campaign.  

It is about a young girl in her senior year who is also a mother to an adorable little girl.  She becomes close with her daughter's drawing teacher and he asks her if the rumours about how became a young parent are truth.... Her answer is the absolute selfless and beautiful thing I've ever heard.




After watching this ad, you do not believe the amount of different emotions and thoughts that were running through my mind.  We always talk about how we all go through different struggles in our lives, and that people don't understand.  I think the real misunderstanding is that OTHERS also go through difficult things. 

In the case of this ad, I think it is extremely important we think twice before judging another parent.  Whether they are a teen parent, or elder mother, or parent with low social class... it doesn't matter.  Parenting is hard enough as it is as you are caring for another living being without have to take in constant judgment from others. 

Before I end off, I would like to present you this verse from the bible that discussing judgment: 
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speak that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. - Matthew 7:1-5
The final judgment belongs to God.  Jesus declares that the person judging will be judged since judging others creates the assumption that you think you are greater and more superior.  No one person is better than other.  In fact, we all pretty much go through the same situations with different variations here and there.  

When you judge others, you are only blinding judging the unknown side of the truth.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment