22 February 2014

How to Add "You Might Also Like" on Blogger


Hey bloggers! Welcome back to another edition of my blog tutorials. I am trying my best to keep this series updated weekly, so if you have any suggestions of what tutorial I should do next, please don't hesitate to leave a comment and I'll work on it right away! 

A few days ago, I was asked how I got the "You might also like" at the bottom of your blog post. Since I also had a hard time figuring out what to do at first, I decided to create a tutorial for everyone who was also wondering the same thing.  I'll include pictures just in case things start to get confusing!

Step 1:

Go to LinkWithin.  The page should look something like this:



Step 2:

Fill in your information and select how many posts you want to be displayed under each post (i.e., 3, 4, or 5).  Then select "Get Widget!"

NOTE: for "Platform" select other rather than blogger or wordpress; in order to obtain the HTML code. 


Step 3:

After selecting "Get Widget!" You will be directed to a new page. Copy the code given to you in the box.


Step 4:

Now go to "Layout" on your blogger homepage, and select "Add Gadget".

From there, scroll down and add "HTML/JavaScript".  A new window will open, and this is where you will paste the code you coded from step 3.


Step 5:

Drag the HTML/JavaScript gadget UNDER your blog posts!


Step 6:

Save your arrangement and view your blog! You should have "You Might Also Like" right under your posts! (Just like this one!)

Did it help? Let me know! Happy Blogging!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment