19 February 2014

Nineteen: Little Known Facts

 Blog Everyday in FebruaryIts already Wednesday... my week off from school is going a little faster then I wanted... sigh!

Its okay, because today I am linking up with Bailey from Anchored in Love for the Blog Everyday in February Challenge!  Although I missed the first half of the prompts, I'm always up for blogging challenges whenever I come across one!

So here is today's prompt:
"Little Known Facts About You"
------------------------------------------------
1. I am shy.  Yes believe it or not, I am absolutely the shyest person you'll ever meet. I am able to put up this front that I am so confident and that I don't care what others think, but deep down, I am terrified of being the centre of attention and just being over the top. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-social, I have tons of friends. And I guess it is because I feed off their energy, I'm able to step out of my comfort zone here and there!

2. I worry a lot.  No one really knows this about me because I am really good at looking well composed whenever I am in an extremely stressful position.  But I am always worrying ... literally about everything and anything. If we are walking into a midterm that I know I am not well prepared for, you will never know how worried I am because I always have a calm face. 

3. I am an emotional person. No one really knows that every hurtful thing someone says to me can make me cry for hours about it. Like in number 1, I am so good at hiding my real facial emotions that everyone thinks I'm such a strong person.  But I'm not. I hate confrontation and whenever someone says something mean to me, or about me; I'm able to make it look like I care.... but really I do 

4. I am a junior black belt. Surprise to hear this? I'm sure you are. I'm not one to share my achievements and accomplishments easily. I always feel like if I do, I am being a show off... so I never really tell people anything about my past. But yes, I am a junior black belt in karate since I was 16 years old. I don't practice karate no more because of an incident, but I do wish I could have continued on to achieve my black belt.

5. I am actually 5'1. Yeah... I'm short. I lie to people telling them I'm taller than I really am (even my drivers licence), but I'm actually one of the shortest in my family. 

6. I am a mixed child. I am half Sri Lankan and half Filipina.  Yes, I know.. sometimes its hard to believe that I can be half brown because I look so Asian. But its always a mystery to others when it comes to my background. I'm a really shy person, so I don't ever show off a lot about myself.  I'm not saying that I'm not proud of my heritage, but I just never give myself to chance to tell others.  

7. I love languages! Although I can fluently speak English and no other languages, I am absolutely in love with the other languages that are out there. I've been studying french my entire life through school, so I can fairly say that I know enough to be understood, and understand others, but I cannot confidently say that I am fluent in French. I wish I was, but growing up I never had the opportunity to grasp onto learning languages easily. I can understand Tamil and Tagalog 100% (my fathers and mothers languages), but I am unfortunately unable to speak them.

Well there you go. These are just some of the little known facts about me. I'll make another list another day if I am able to come up with more to share with you all! Have a great Wednesday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment