18 February 2014

Thoughts for Tuesday: God Is Always With You

Good morning, and happy Tuesday to all of you!

In our hardest of times, we tend to blame everything and everyone that is around us.  I am no exception to this.  I have to shamefully admit that when bad things happen, I am quick to blame those closest to me.. or worst, I tend to blame myself.

During times of struggle, it is easy to feel so alone, like no one understands what you are going through.  Its hard, I know.  Just recently I've had to experience the worst pain ever because of this cyst that I had.  I couldn't walk, sleep, sit ... I couldn't do anything.  All I could do was just lay in the most awkward and uncomfortable positions taking pain killers. It was not fun, let me tell you that. 

And throughout the entire process, I felt so alone.  Although Jay and my family did the best that they could to help comfort me, I was still stuck with my own thoughts... just thinking what the heck did I do to deserve this excruciating pain?

Then sometime last week, I woke up and just saw my rosary sitting on my dresser. I immediately got a hold of it and just hold it close to my chest just laying in silence.  And for the first time throughout this painful week, I realized that God was there for me this entire time.  
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10
God is always with us, from the worst of times to the best of times.  He never leaves our side.  Think of it as though he is there holding our hand, giving us the strength, every step of the way.  Whether we realize it or not, he is helping us to be brave. We shouldn't fear for the worst, because God wouldn't allow us to go through something he know we can't handle.  There's something more that needs to be learnt here.

He is not giving up on us, and we shouldn't give up on ourselves.  Going through the worst of times is the best way to learn about yourself.  You could learn how patient you are, or even how much faith you have in God and others around you.
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever." - John 14:16
Jesus is here, praying for us to our God for us to have the Holy Spirit by our side.  By us simply not forgetting about His love, and believing that he can help comfort us, especially during the worst of times, He is always saying that he will always be with us, forever.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment