01 September 2015

Hey There!


Hello, friends! September already?! Crazy how time flies... like really flies. I mentioned in my September goals post that I'd be participating in Bailey's #blogtemberchallenge. This is definitely  going to be a challenge for me as I will shortly be entering into my last year of university, while trying to apply for post-undergrad programs and maintaining my part-time job in order to buy food for my hungry, hungry tummy. This is a month long challenge, so I think with some planning and scheduling, this challenge shouldn't be too much of a problem!

Today's prompt: 
Introduce yourself however you like! Pics, blog, collage, your choice :) 
For those who have yet to meet me, I'm Vanessa - but, most people, call me Nessa or V.  I also have other titles that I'm usually referred to as, whether it would be a sister, a daughter, a girlfriend, a university student, or the quiet funny one.  I'm a lot of things. But, please don't let these labels influence the way you see me. I like to laugh, I like to smile, but more importantly, I like to make others laugh and others smile. So, you can very much call me a people person! 

I grew up here in the city of Toronto, CANADA. In fact, I've lived in the same house my entire life! So, the city life is all I know and what I am accustomed to. However, there was a time back in 2010 I "camped" out in the woods/forests for about 5 days and 4 nights for a survival course I was taking... looking back, I really don't know how I was able to survive that. But, all I know is that I'm more in love with the city than ever; and get anxious at the idea of being out and about without phone signal or internet connection.. I know, that's kind of bad :/

What people usually do not know is that I am a mixed baby. Would you like to take a guess before I make the "shocking" reveal?? Go ahead.
You probably didn't guess it... I'm half Filipino, and half Sri Lankan! More specifically, my momma is from the Philippines and my dad is from Sri Lanka. People usually say it is such an odd mix; but, I think it is a beautiful one :) It's funny though, people say I look more Filipino while my sister looks more Sri Lankan. But, they usually say that after they know our mix... beforehand people guesses a whole bunch of backgrounds for me - I've gotten Spanish a lot, and the one time Egyptian.
This is my sister by the way! I'm older by 1 year and 4 months!
Besides myself, my friends and family are my life. I think I even care more about them than I do for myself. I am short (5''1 tall to be exact), but I do have a fire-y personality. I don't like to be lied to nor do I like to be used. I do, however, like to go out with friends and my Jay, and I am a foodie! So, do not be surprised if you're on my insta page and see photos of food I'm constantly eating! 

Anyways... this is just the basic overview of me. If you happen to be curious about me, please don't hesitate to ask any more of your questions below! I'd be more than glad to answer them and get to know you as well. And, while your at it, leave a link to your blog!

post signature
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brave Love BlogI'm linking up with #blogtember hosted by Bailey @ Brave Love Blog. Today is DAY 1 of the challenge. Today's prompt: Introduce yourself however you like! Pics, blog, collage, your choice:) If you happen to stop by, please don't hesitate to leave a comment and a link back to your blog! I would love to come and meet a lot of you in the challenge!



No comments:

Post a Comment